Continental Focus, International Reach

ENI Picks Up New Acreage in Cote d’Ivoire

Sunday, June 9, 2019

ENI has added to its West African acreage with the award of two new blocks offshore Cote d’Ivoire. The blocks, CI-501 and CI-504, lie southwest off the coast of Abidjan and are part of the 20 blocks put on offer last year by the government.

ENI will hold the blocks with a 90% interest and operatorship. Petroci, Cote d’Ivoire’s state-run oil and gas firm, will hold the remaining 10% working interest.

The two firms are also partnered on adjacent block CI-205 on the same 90/10 basis.

“Due to their geological continuity, the blocks will be studied in synergy, utilizing ENI’s proprietary technologies, with cost-optimization and facilitating time-to-market in the event of a petroleum discovery and commercial development,” ENI said in a statement.

Block CI-501 covers 512 sq km in water depths ranging from 100 to 2,400 meters. Block CI-504 is made up of 399 sq km and is in water depths ranging from 1,000 to 2,350 meters.